About the Research Fellowship
2014-15 Fellowship Recipients
- University of Southern Maine
- William Paterson University of New Jersey with Kean University and Rowan University
The AACTE Research Fellowship in Educator Preparation engages education scholars in collecting, documenting, and disseminating research on innovative educator preparation practices to fuel program improvement and influence policy decisions. Through this program, AACTE supports teams of established and emerging researchers with the goal of developing a sustained research agenda on high-impact practices, dynamics and economics of educator workforce development, and other critical issues in educator preparation.
- AACTE selects up to two teams to participate in the Research Fellowship program throughout an academic year. Applications are due in March for fellowships commencing August 1.
- Accepted research teams receive an award of up to $30,000.
- Members of the research teams have access to AACTE data sets during the fellowship.
- Members of the research teams commit to promoting their research by presenting at AACTE’s Annual Meeting, leading an AACTE webinar, submitting a scholarly article to a peer-reviewed journal, and contributing to AACTE’s blog, Ed Prep Matters.
- Each team must comprise at least one established research scholar and one early-career or emerging researcher in the field of educator preparation.
- At least two members of the team must be must be affiliated with an AACTE member institution.
- Applicants are required to complete a research project pertaining to educator preparation within 1 year that addresses educator preparation pedagogy or educator workforce development.
- Sponsoring institutions must support applicants’ participation in and cover travel expenses to the corresponding AACTE Annual Meeting.
|2014 Research Fellowship Review Panel|
|Jorgelina Abbate-Vaughn||University of Massachusetts-Boston|
|Patricia Hoffman-Miller||Prairie View A&M University|
|Kevin Kelly||University of Dayton|
|Elba Maldonado-Colon||San Jose State University|
|Ellen McIntyre||University of North Carolina at Charlotte|
|Phyllis Metcalf-Turner||St. Mary’s College of California|
|Mistilina Sato||University of Minnesota-Twin Cities|
|Kate Scantlebury||University of Delaware|
|Dwight Watson||University of Northern Iowa|
|Jennie Whitcomb||University of Colorado at Boulder|